An intimate look at the Woodstock Music & Art Festival held in Bethel, NY in 1969, from preparation through cleanup, with historic access to insiders, blistering concert footage, and portraits of the concertgoers; negative and positive aspects are shown, from drug use by performers to naked fans sliding in the mud, from the collapse of the fences by the unexpected hordes to the surreal arrival of National Guard helicopters with food and medical assistance for the impromptu city of 500,000.
- Year: 1970
- Country: United States of America
- Genre: Documentary, History, Music
- Studio: Wadleigh-Maurice, Warner Bros. Pictures
- Keyword: hippie, free love, woodstock, new york, music festival, marijuana, rock music, skinny dipping, summer, drugs, concert film
- Director: Michael Wadleigh
- Cast: Richie Havens, Joan Baez, Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle, Keith Moon, Pete Townshend