In the not so distant future, Theodore, a lonely writer, purchases a newly developed operating system designed to meet the user's every need. To Theodore's surprise, a romantic relationship develops between him and his operating system. This unconventional love story blends science fiction and romance in a sweet tale that explores the nature of love and the ways that technology isolates and connects us all.
- Year: 2013
- Country: United States of America
- Genre: Romance, Science Fiction, Drama
- Studio: Annapurna Pictures
- Keyword: artificial intelligence (a.i.), future, computer, satire, love, loneliness, transhumanism, los angeles, california, heartbreak, singularity
- Director: Spike Jonze
- Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson, Amy Adams, Rooney Mara, Chris Pratt, Olivia Wilde